Sunday, May 28, 2017

One fan to another (A Stand with us story)



Hello faithful fans, friends and family (I don't know about that first part... You guys aren't very loyal.)
I know I haven't been able to write in a while, and that's mostly because of my brothers Eagle scout project, but some of it is I was taking a break to watch the Preds in the playoffs. This, unlike most of my sport blogs, is a hockey blog. But this is a special blog, because it's not about my team, or a lesson I learned, this time it's about a fan base, and the class act of one fan in particular.

Well... Two fans, I'm here too.




If you like my new goodies then you'll have to thank a person whose name I won't use for the sake of privacy. (So yeah, go outside and yell "THANKS PERSON!") Up until this Thursday, I didn't have any fancy yellow and white shirt, or a towel that I can use as a whip when I'm getting my brothers to do my bidding; I had to photoshop my profile pic on Facebook because I wanted to represent, but I didn't have the stuff.
I did photo shop the fire into this photo and the lightning in the next, SKILLZ



That all changed when I saw a post of Facebook that said "I can't believe people sell Rally towels on e-bay, I have so many towels..." and I was like "Well I'd buy one."

And THEN (I sound like a three year old, andthenandthenandthen) a fellow fan responded "I can send you one for free." I, of course, was stuck in a drop-jaw-eye-roll stage of amazement that someone would do that for somebody they'd never met, but it gets better.

She later sent "Hey, I am going to put that stuff in the mail for you tomorrow. I have got one of those playoff shirts for you. I am sending it tomorrow because I am waiting to get you a program from tonight's game, that way you will have one from all 3 home games against the Ducks."

I said (Being the nice guy that I am, duh.) "Do you need shipping money?"

And she responded once more, "No it's cool, one fan to another."

This touched me (In a very warm and fuzzy way, like a caterpillar climbing face-first down your throat... Ok not like that but you get my point.)

So here's a bunch of photos of me and my goodies.







I was going to wait 'till the STANLY CUP (ALLCAPSALLCAPSALLCAS LEEEEETTTT'S GOOOO!) to take pics but I'd be too caught up in the game to smile, or do anything but live since this'll be the 70th heart attack since the start of the Playoffs.

At any rate, Stand with us or (If you're lazy like me) sit with us. Go Preds! - Y-T1ME

2 comments:

  1. Hey, that is a very kind gesture. You are right. It is a warm fuzxy. Go Preds!

    ReplyDelete

A Zombie's Note to you

Dear Humans .. My name is Karl, I am a zombie, I have been this way for around 3 months now. My good friend Charles infected me. I...